My previous work as graduate student aimed at investigating underlying mechanisms in the association between peer victimization in youth, depressive symptoms, and suicidal ideation in adolescence and adulthood. My postdoctoral work now focuses on understanding how comorbid mental and physical disorders in youth may impact risks of suicide and non-suicide mortality in adulthood.
- Perret, LC, Geoffroy, MC, Barr, E, Parnet, F, Provencal, N, Boivin, M, O’Donnell, KJ, Suderman, M, Power, C, Turecki, G, & Ouellet-Morin, I (2022). Associations between epigenetic aging and childhood peer victimization, depression, and suicidal ideation in adolescence and adulthood: a study of two population-based samples. Frontiers in Cell and Developmental Biology.
- Perret, LC, Boivin, M, Moreau-Vaillancourt, G, Andlauer, TFM, Paquin, S, Langevin, S, Girard, A, Turecki, G, O’Donnell, K, Tremblay, RE, Côté, SM, Gouin, J-P, Ouellet-Morin, I, & Geoffroy, M-C. (2022). Polygenic risk score and peer victimization independently predict depressive symptoms in adolescence : Results from the Quebec Longitudinal Study of Children Development. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry.
- Perret, LC, Ki, M, Commisso, M, Chon, D, Scardera, S, Kim, W, Fuhrer, R, Gariépy G, Ouellet-Morin, I, Geoffroy, M-C.(2021). Perceived friend support buffers against symptoms of depression in peer victimized adolescents: Evidence from a population-based cohort in South Korea. Journal of Affective Disorders, 291, 24-31.
- Perret, LC, Orri, M, Boivin, M, Ouellet-Morin, I, Denault, A-S., Côté, SM, Tremblay, R, Renaud, J, Turecki, G, Geoffroy, MC (2020). Cybervictimization in adolescence and its association with subsequent suicidal ideation/attempt beyond face-to-face victimization: a longitudinal population-based study. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 61(8), 866-874.
- Orri, M, Scardera, S, Perret, LC, Bolanis, D, Temcheff, C, Séguin, JR, Boivin, M, Turecki, G, Tremblay, RE, Côté SM, Geoffroy, MC (2020). Mental health problems and risk of suicidal ideation and attempts in adolescence. Pediatrics, 146(1), e20193823.